Monday, October 20, 2014

Banning The Burqa and Finding Our Lost Boys


Handsome missing guy Sevak Simonian


It was a lovely sunny day.

I went to the post office first up to pay my credit card. Grimace, it had to be done. I'm getting rid of it just as soon as I can, I'm not paying the banks a yearly fee for the privilege of using it against everything they ever said about people who pay their credit cards off on time.

I have been working at the finance Co at the end of the street for a week, and I still don’t have a security pass to enter the building, as the lift needs a pass to get up to the sixth floor before 8.30am in the mornings. The problem being, I want to get there earlier than 8.30am. So, I have to call Kirin or Kerin when I get to the foyer, if I get there before 8.30am, which I do. So, nyr, grrr! I think Kirin is supposed to have organised a pass for me, but she hasn’t yet. So, that is a little, you know, ‘how do you do’. 

It was the big deadline day, my first with them. And despite not being able to get at it before 8.30am, I think I did okay. I’ve got instruction from Kirin and I’m supposed to get instruction from Kerin and while I have to a point, despite her having to consult with Kirin for most answers, even after this short time, I am starting to instruct her on a job that I have been doing for a week.

They are nice, I guess, Kirin & Kerin you know, nice enough to work with. 

So, one week down, six months less a week to go. It should be good, remembering it is a 3 minute walk from my house to the office. 

I left at 4.30pm. 

Jill called to chat. She is good. She’ll be back in Melbourne in a few weeks from Queensland. She has a thing for Queensland. I think it is from her girlish childhood memories of holidays, more so than any considered opinion of adulthood. Ah Queensland, it has never really done it for me. Of course, that is a too broad a statement for it to be really true, if I was honest, but true of the bits I have visited. 

We ate cauliflower soup for dinner. We ate Ciabatta bread with our soup, yum yum.  Sam cooks the soup. (Soup Slag) I cook the toast. (I’m toast Bitch) Sam always says that I cook too much toast – 3 pieces each – with too much butter. You know, you can never have too much butter. It is an ‘utter’ nonsense. 

I stayed up late to watch the recording of Big Brother. I didn’t get to bed until 12.30am. 


(handsome) 21-year-old keen bushwalker Sevak Simonian went missing from his home in Belrose, New South Wales. His car was later discovered at the Kanangra-Boyd National Park. Despite massive search operations, his disappearance remains one of the state's prominent unsolved missing persons cases.

Following widespread public backlash over the Burqua ban issued on October 2, 2014, by (that old conservative, Liberal Party War Horse) Speaker Of The House Bronwyn Bishop and Senate Leader Liberal Tasmanian senator Stephn Parry, and an intervention by Prime Minister Tony Abbott, Bishop and Parry overturned the policy less than three weeks later replacing it with a brief identity check at the building's entrance.


No comments: