I got to work at 8.20am, just in time for a cigarette sitting on the front platform out the front of the building. Cute Ian and the old chick arrived around the same time, yet again, and headed upstairs while I finished my smoke. Do you reckon he’s… I flick my tongue. It’s not a criticism, good for them, in fact, if I think anything about it at all, I think it is kind of nice for young men to do that for older women. Why not, if they both want to.
Pity, if only they had arrived five minutes earlier they could have let me up to the office.
Was this ground hog day?
Nyr. I got upstairs soon enough, for a day of delightful company from the bossy Kirin and the chatty Kerin.
Kerin and I got stuck into what we had to do and worked away all day.
I mention Ian and the old girl to Kirin. She smiled a filthy smile, she’s a dirty minded one, I knew she would raise her eyebrows and enjoy the connotations, which she did.
I left at 4.30pm.
Oh, it’s the dreaded Body Corporate meeting tonight at 5.30pm, for Sam’s house, which is not only boring, but we had to get there ridiculously early. Really? 5.30pm.
My car was in a state, looking like a lamington thanks to it being under the next door neighbour’s over hanging gum tree in my back yard during seed shedding season. It also seemed to be infested with moths not really sure why. The whole back garden seems to be infested with moths, at the moment. When I have been watering the garden over the last few days there are moths flying out from everywhere.
So, yeah, I had to clean the car first, and waved all the flying beasties away, even with the short time frame we had. It had to be done. Tick, tick, tick.
We had to get to the Melville library in the heat. I wore shorts and crocks. Sam thought I wasn’t suitably dressed for the meeting. Give me a break, I’m only the piano player, as they say.
The room in which we all were, actually, meeting was hard to find. All the library doors were locked and the place seemed to be deserted. Sam called. I wanted to cross the road and buy a TattsLotto ticket, but Sam wasn’t very pleased with that idea.
The managing agent appeared from a side door, which we had overlooked, eventually and invited us in. The new managing agent is quite cute. [I positioned myself where I could gaze at him freely, since I wasn’t, actually, there to participate in the discussion] We weren’t the last to arrive, despite being late. The usual suspects were there.
We got the usual story about how the old mother, of the now owners of number 3 townhouse, used to keep the garden spotlessly. Oh god every meeting, Blah, blah, blah, the same story. Sam and I nudge each other under the table each time the saintly mother is mentioned.
The cute new managing agent got quite fidgety when he noticed me checking out his charms. His eyes kept darting back to me. He lost his place a couple of times. It makes me laugh when I do that to straight boys. Nyr. I was only the driver, so I was free to check him out. He got it too. Makes me buzz. Nose twitch.
I don't want anything from you, mate, other than a little amusement.
We bought baked potatoes on the way home in Brunswick Street. I guess, at least, if we start the meeting early, we get home early. There is that.
I messaged Mark before I went to bed. I haven’t spoken to him for some time, not since the last message that made me groan at him. He would, no doubt, say in a short time to come that I never contact him. Blah, blah, blah, so I thought I’d better send him a message before he does. It was late, so I sent the message and headed off to bed.
(Mark) Are you having a good time in Hanoi. Having a nice time with all your Hanoi people? – Christian
No comments:
Post a Comment