Friday, October 17, 2014

I Think I Can Work With Her




I always feel that I know nothing and that I am sent into these places as an expert and it is just a matter of time before I am exposed as a fraud. Ha Ha, that’s just my first day anxiety. It’s first day at a new job for me all the time. 

Having said that, I think I’ve impressed Kirin already by solving a couple of long running issues that she had. It’s all in the brochure, you know, is a part of the service, as ‘they’ say.

She has also had a number of contractors before me who were useless, according to her, so I am a bit scared of making any mistakes. Well, you know, kind of. I know what I am doing, it’s just that she is a bit ‘knee-jerk’ in her reactions, in as much, if she can’t get the satisfaction she wants, er, if she can’t take the credit, I suspect, then those who are helping are deemed to be useless, from what I can glean from my interactions with her so far. I’m not sure that she knows, exactly what is wrong and what is needed to fix it. If I am successful, I believe she will say it is her work, if I am not, then I am shit. Do you know the type? I believe I do? I could be wrong, but maybe I am not. 

So, I got some issues sorted for her, and by the time I left at 4.30pm, she was a happy girl, I believe. Not sure she shows happiness in the same way you and I might. But, maybe, that is just some more of my gay humour. I reckon it should be okay, yeah sure I do. I think I can deal with an old war horse like Kirin. 


We took Buddy for a walk when we got home. It was a mild kind of day, kind of nice for a walk, kind of nice for walking a dog. Time to contemplate how life is going as we cover the back streets of our suburb. Not the great existential question of where my life is headed, no, just the recent changes and the new job and how I think it is going. Good time for that, and you know what ‘they’ say, you need to be quiet and contemplative and not distracted by stuff. We almost have to be bored to come to realisations about ourselves.

Later in the evening, after we'd eaten and we were sitting at the coffee table on our laptops with Buddy sitting next to us, he barked at us, as though he wanted to play. He did want to play, though, so we took him for an evening walk. Yeah, two walks, he even seemed keen. It’s kind of nice walking in the cool of the night, as Buddy sniffed about. 



Port Blockade: Pacific Climate Warriors and Australian supporters used traditional canoes and kayaks to block coal ships and halt operations at the Port of Newcastle.

Latrobe Valley Earthquake: A sharp 3.2-magnitude earthquake hit southeastern Victoria with an epicentre just south of Moe, though no major damage was reported.

Child Abuse Royal Commission: The Australian Christian Churches case study concluded its Sydney hearings, with leadership promising better child protection policies amidst testimonies from victims.

Tigerair Acquisition: Virgin Australia Holdings announced an agreement to buy out the remaining 40% stake in Tigerair Australia for $1.


No comments: