Thursday, October 02, 2014

Sam Goes To The Doctor. I Go To The Herbalist




Sam was home sick. He’s had a sore throat and his left nostril was blocked. 

Guido didn’t drop in.

Sam was going to the doctor at 12.15pm. He said his whole left side had shut down. It is kind of reassuring to hear such hypochondria out loud, self justifying. I think nervously, as I’d hate for there to be anything actually wrong with him. Whole left side shut down, what are you talking about? 

Guido answered at 11.30am. 

“Come now,” he said. 

He said he was wearing his best Donna Summer outfit. We’d had a philosophical disagreement about La Summer earlier in the morning. I said there were multiple occasions where she was homophobic because of her Christian beliefs, he said it never happened. 

Sam wanted to go to the doctor. 

Go see Guido. Have lunch. Come home. That would be hours, I knew that.

I had a shower and decided that I wanted a joint first.

The doctor is always running ½ an hour late. I could go and be back. I could have a joint and then go to the doctor. That way I’d relax and not stress out too much about the time we were wasting. I wouldn’t think that if I had a joint first. 

Sam didn’t see it. He called me an addict. I insisted. It was ridiculous, I was right and he was wrong. I got Sam to call the doctor to see how late he was running. He was running half an hour late.

I said, I was going to see Guido.

The traffic was awful, of course it was, isn’t that Cunt’s Law, and I didn’t get to Guido’s until 12.15pm.

Sam texts me he was walking to the doctor.

I am driving back up Langridge Street when Sam is walking down. I stop. He gets in. “Drive me to the doctor,”

“The traffic is really awful, you are better walking,” I say. 

“I see,” he says. 

He gets out and stomps off. It’s not that I didn’t want to drive him, he was honestly better off walking, the traffic was a cunt. I don’t really know why. 

I come home and roll two joints. Now, I am pretty sure Sam would read this differently to how I would read it. But, nyr, what can you do, the traffic was terrible, the joint I was about to smoke had nothing to do with it.

Sam texts that he will find his own way home. I text don’t be ridiculous, as I am smoking the first joint. I walk to meet him.

He is still waiting to see the doctor. I take him a joint. He says he doesn’t want it.

He is called into the doctor.

I read that the supreme court of USA has upheld that the police need a warrant to search a person’s phone, unlike a wallet or a bag maybe, as a phone is now capable of storing that person’s life.

We eat Vietnamese. While we’re out, before we go home. 

We shop for groceries. The never ending quest for groceries. Hunters and gathers to the very end, is that what this says? Ha ha.

We walk home with ton weighs each. Slung over our shoulders. 

Cleo Lane plays. Maybe in my head?


We ate fish we bought at the shop and left over stir fried veggies for dinner.

We went to bed at midnight. 


The controversial security directive that mandated that visitors wearing full-face coverings, such as the Islamic burqa or niqab, be segregated into enclosed, soundproof public galleries normally reserved for schoolchildren was issued jointly by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Bronwyn Bishop, and the President of the Senate, Stephen Parry, Liberal Party Senator for Tasmania.


No comments: