I got to work early this morning. Sam had to get to work early for an 8.30am meeting. I had to post some paperwork back to the solicitor for mum’s stuff, so I headed down to Smith Street. From there I walked up Smith Street to Victoria Parade and was sitting on my step outside the office at 8.09am.
I waited for cutie pants Ian to turn up, but he didn’t. I called Kirin, because she is always in before now, but she didn’t answer. She didn’t answer the second time. She didn’t answer the third time. Then my parent’s gorgeous good friend Barbara’s uncanny look alike turned up and let me up to the 6th floor, because, I still don’t have a pass to get into the building, thank you very much. Neither Kirin or Kerin was there. They didn’t turn up for some time later.
I wondered if they’d both called in sick not realising the other one did too. I wondered when I went out for another fag once the front door was unlocked at 8.30am. It’s possible. I wondered if they’d had two fatal accidents, the two of them on the road somewhere. Not sure where Kerin comes from, but Kirin comes from a house literally adjoining the Mulgrave Freeway at Dandy. Maybe she went under the back of a stationary truck on the freeway, as she was distracted lighting her morning fag? Maybe, Kerin dissolved into a pool of her own low self confidence like the tigers out of Little Black Sambo? Well, she spins in circles some days. Most days. Oh, I chuckled away on my step, sitting there in the morning sunshine. Not that I want anything to happen to either of them, because I don’t. It’s just a way of me entertaining myself to pass the time. Make up stories to see the morning disappear. If that had happened, you know crash & splat, how long would it take for someone from both parties to call? Shrug.
I got on with work, I didn’t read the news online, or anything like that. Nyr. Just got to it.
Eventually, they both turned up. Kirin claimed bad traffic on the Monash. Kerin mumbled something, or other, but since she got in before Kirin I didn’t really press her for a reason beyond her initial fub. She was kind of surprised, and I reckon, genuinely pleased that Kirin wasn’t in.
It was cold and hot again today.
Work was standard issue, the stuff that I am used to doing wherever I work. Same shit, different office. Wherever I go, I seem to be liked. They seem to believe that I know what I am doing. I haven’t been found out yet. Ha ha.
I went out during the morning to have two cigarettes, one time I masked it with the purchase of a lemon muffin. Do you think they realise? Do you think manager Kirin? I don’t think it matters if newbie Kerin noticed.
I’ve got to stop smoking.
I was at home by 16.30.
Sam and I and Buddy walked to the supermarket. We saw the real estate agent out the front of my old neighbour Gordon’s house, a few doors away, after his rental open house. He says they are asking $750 a week rent. He says they have spent 200K renovating Gordon’s house. Buddy and I walked to the vet to get pooh bags. Buddy was very uncooperative, and we had problems half way. The vet nurses were very happy to see Buddy, when we eventually got there. One of the vet nurses has a Frenchie.
Sam told me on the way to the shops that he has organised stuff for the long weekend, 3 points for $75 a point.
Goodo, I think. Bring it on. (my boyfriend the arranger)
We ate roast chicken for dinner. It was kind of cold. The evening, not the chicken. And roast potatoes, of course. Roast chicken and roast potatoes is a perfect mix.
Sam sat up until 11pm watching Big Brother with me, not going to bed until Marina’s eviction happened. I told him he was hooked. He said it was rubbish as he disappeared into the darkness of the rest of the house heading to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment