Friday, October 03, 2014

Watchin Teev On Friday




I was awake at 6am. I sneaked a look at the watch under the doona. You know, as you do when you don't want to wake your boyfriend up. 6am, huh? I got up, got dressed and quietly slipped out of the bedroom.

Sam is up at 8am, practising his sick phone call. Cough, cough, cough. 

All the day off, how lovely. Friday should always be a day off, don’t you think, you know, a pre-weekend day. I think it is only fair in these days of record company profit. 

I made muesli. Susanto made coffee. 


9:37:56 Christian: (Mark) We're smoking pot and watching Big Bang Theory from episode one. It is over cast and cold. What are you doing?


The sun is shining at midday. I put compost on the hydrangea and water it in. I see a blond girl walk past with her microscopically short dress, her pink shopping trolley and her beige, black-faced Pug, not the only thing threatening to show. 

Sam cooks lunch.

Buddy lies in the pool of sunshine shining in front of the lounge room door. He doesn’t move a muscle as we continually step over him.

We take Buddy for a walk in the afternoon, in the glorious day. He is pretty keen the whole way, there was hardly any slowing to the bulldogs step. It must show that he hasn’t been for a walk for some time.

We listened to music all day. 

The TV went on at 5.30pm for Millionaire Hot Seat. I can answer many of the questions.


17:12:48 Mark: Oh my favourite thing to do....i miss them when i,m away...

17:37:18 Christian: Sam downloaded the whole series of Big Bang Theory

17:37:35 Christian: every series

17:38:19 Mark: I think i,ve seen every episode at least 3 or 4 times...

17:39:36 Mark: But i never get tired of it....how could you...the writing is brilliant and the cast, superb...

17:39:58 Christian: it's amazing watching from the first episode, they were fully developed characters

17:41:01 Mark: Exactly....that just shows the difference between good, and great casting...

17:41:29 Mark: And of course, superb writing..

18:40:57 Mark: What was that you said was the difference about a good and bad book, was it being shown rather than being told...

18:48:07 Christian: Show don't tell

18:49:08 Christian: yes, what you said is right too

18:51:44 Mark: Thought that was it....i,m meeting up with tim tonight, the guy that asked me to read the book he wrote, and i am am a little nervous about what to say, as i found it very hard to read past the first 5 pages....but that will be a very succinct comment to make...

18:52:04 Mark: Tun joo....


We ate bok choi and prawns and left over stir fried veggies.

I smoked too much pot and fell asleep on the couch, so accordingly the day was declared over at 10pm and I was ordered to bed.


No comments: